The Make Sense Foundation
Scholarship Program 2021
This program enables us to continue our mission to support women and children as they pursue their educational goals, and we are proud to give back to the community and support the future success of deserving young women.
- The Application deadline was midnight on May 15, 2021 – we are no longer accepting applications for this year’s scholarships.
- All final winners will be contacted in July and announced at SeneGence PIT Stop-M3 in Frisco, Texas.
- All Scholarships will be awarded on an objective and non-discriminatory basis.
- Scholarships are only open to female applicants.
- All applicants must provide proof of intention to enter an institute of higher learning in fall 2021.
- Scholarship may not be awarded to an officer, manager, or trustee of the Make Sense Foundation, a SeneGence employee, nor to a member of the SRC or their immediate family members.
- Family members of these individuals are also not eligible to receive scholarship
- The group of applicants from which the recipients to be selected will be sufficiently broad as to be considered a charitable class
- To minimize the possibility of a student having his/her aid reduced, the Make Sense Foundation will authorize the use of the scholarship for any educational expenses and not restrict it to tuition only
Thank you to our Scholarship Review Committee (SRC)
Meredith Burke, SeneGence Distributor, Frisco, Texas
Molly Corder, SeneGence Distributor, Fort Mill, South Carolina
Sherelle Descher, Middle School English Teacher, Broken Arrow, Oklahoma
Cari Fry, SeneGence Distributor, Aberdeen, Washington
Corie Hassell, Personalized Learning Implementation Specialist, Claremore, Oklahoma
Laura McNeese, Director Career & Retention Services-TCC, Tulsa, Oklahoma
Morgan Zambrano, SeneGence Distributor, Ponder, Texas
Application Review Timeline
- MSF Executive Director, Kendra McColloch will conduct a review of all applications, ensuring all requirements and documents are in order and meet specifications originally outlined.
- Applications will be divided and presented to the SRC committee by end of May to begin their individual review process.
- All applications are judged and reviewed on a point system as well as the overall presentation and content provided.
- All applicants will be contacted in July notifying them if they have or have not been chosen to be a final winner.
- All final winners will be formally announced at the SeneGence PIT STOP-M3 July 23-25, 2021.