Skip to content
Fight hunger and poverty
- Before the coronavirus pandemic, over 35 million people struggled with hunger in the United States with over 10 million of those being children.
- One in six Americans are averaged at going hungry since the Coronavirus hit the U.S.
- Some reports are showing that since Coronavirus hit in 2020, over 17 million children are facing hunger issues.
- Children are the highest risk and more likely to face food insecurity.
- Summer is the hungriest time of the year for children.
Serve the homeless
- 1 in every 30 American children are homeless (over 2.5 million)
- Approximately 50% of homeless children are under the age of 5
- 1 out of every 3 homeless children will develop some sort of mental disorder before the age of 8
- Domestic violence is the leading cause of homelessness among women
- Among all homeless women in America, 60% of them have children under the age of 18
83% of homeless children have been witness to at least one serious violent event
- In Canada, 1 of every 7 children are living in a shelter with approximately 20% between the ages of 13-25
Support the victims of domestic and sexual abuse
- Domestic Violence is the leading cause of homelessness among women and children
- 1 out of every 3 women experience intimate partner abuse
- 1 out of every 3 teens will experience dating violence
- More than 3 million children witness domestic violence in their homes each year in the U.S.
- Intimate partner violence accounts for nearly 15% of all violent crimes
- 91% of domestic violence crimes that cause injury are against women
Help rescue victims of sex trafficking and modern slavery
- Approximately 15-17 thousand foreign nationals are trafficked into the U.S. each year
- In 2018, over half of criminal trafficking cases active in the U.S. were sex trafficking cases involving children
- The average teen enters sex trafficking between the ages of 12 and 14
- 71% of modern slaves are women and children globally
- At roughly $32 Billion, sex trafficking is the second largest criminal industry in the world
- A sex trafficked minor is sold for sex 15 times per day on average
Provide education and training
- A child born to a mother that can read is 50% more likely to survive past the age of 5
- One in every 8 women who are the sole breadwinners in their families are unemployed
- Two thirds of single mothers are working outside the home
- Only one third of single mothers receive child support
- 13.9% of single mothers did not graduate high school
- Single mothers often spend over half their income on housing expenses, and one third on childcare, leaving them with less money for educational expenses
Invest in at-risk youth
- Studies have shown that 74% of adults with drug and/or alcohol problems started using before the age of 17
- Children who begin using at 11 years of age or younger are more likely to have multiple
- 14% of children have reported misusing prescription opioids, and nearly half of them misused them in the past month
- E-Cigarette usage increased by over 75% among school-age children between 2017 and 2018
- According to a 2019 survey, more than 5 million U.S. middle and high school children have used an e-cigarette
Promote health, wellness, and healing
- Each year in the U.S., there are nearly 16,000 children between the ages of 0 and 19 diagnosed with cancer
- More than 300,000 children globally are diagnosed with cancer each year
- Cancer remains the most common cause of death by disease for children in America
- The 3 most common cancers for women are breast, lung, and colorectal
- 1 in 8 women will develop invasive breast cancer over the course of her lifetime
- Ovarian cancer is the deadliest gynecologic cancer among women even though it is the 11th most common cancer in women.